SES commissioned an expansion and build-out of 4 community hospitals throughout the Denver, Colorado metro area. The hospitals range from 2-stories to 3-stories and are approximately 40,000 SF each. The community hospitals will offer high quality services that include inpatient care, emergency care, surgical and other health services. Each hospital is equipped with X-ray, CT scan, ultrasound and laboratory services. SES was selected due to our deep understanding and healthcare commissioning experience. The hospitals are equipped with remote terminal units with humidifiers, air cooled chillers and condensing boilers. The operating rooms require a specific humidity level and the inpatient rooms require a specific negative pressure with a small tolerance. A coordination effort was made between the Commissioning Agent, design engineer, testing and balancing contractor and mechanical contractor to ensure these stringent requirements are satisfied.
The mechanical and electrical systems addressed design and functional issues such as:
- Isolation Rooms with positive and/or negative pressure controls.
- Building pressure, room temperature, room humidify, air quality, ventilation air rate, lighting, and redundant and backup controls.
- Aurora, CO (two-story 37,000 SF
- Northglenn, CO (three-story, 60,000 SF)
- Littleton, CO (two-story 37,080 SF)
- Westminster, CO (two-story, 37,080 SF)