SES was contracted to CHI Health as the Commissioning Authority. Our scope involvement began in design and continued through occupancy of this phased renovation and construction of the new Academic Medical Center, which is located on the Bergan Mercy Campus in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Expanding Surgery, PACU, Central Sterile, Radiology, NICU, Cardiovascular and support services functions.
- A new trauma center on the east side of campus that builds upon Creighton University Medical Center’s well-known level I trauma program.
- Enlarged emergency department with a clinical decision and observation unit.
- Includes 14 rooms for patients with true emergency medical situations and six “fast track” rooms for minor problems.
- Two large treatment rooms designed for cases where specialized medical equipment and additional clinical staff may be needed.
- Four rooms are designed with safety features for behavioral health patients who may be a danger to themselves or others.
- Adds 54 beds to the Intensive Care Unit, which will move to the third floor and provide dedicated units for medical, surgical and trauma critical care.
- Each of the three care units has a 20-seat conference room with video conferencing equipment and capacity to accommodate interprofessional care team meetings.
- A new three-story clinic building serves as a hub for academic outpatient care and includes 20 specialty clinics spread across pods of 16 exam rooms each.
- A new multi-story academic tower will be the site of education and training for Creighton University Medical School students, the home to Graduate Medical Education programs and the primary clinical teaching site for our health science learners.
- A new laboratory on the west side of the campus.