Specialized Engineering Solutions Charlotte Team Adopts a Family of 4 for Christmas
In the spirt of the season and to give back to a family within our community, our SES Charlotte Team adopted a family of 4 to provide them a Christmas that would otherwise not have happened.
We are thrilled to have successfully provided Christmas for the entire family. Not only did team members from our office contribute, but we were also fortunate to have contributors from the community who got involved to make this Christmas a very special one for this family.
We were able to go above and beyond what was on their Wishlist(s):
- Both boys received a week’s worth (or more) of clothing, new socks, and sneakers, Nerf guns with extra bullets, Legos, Pokemon toys and cards, Fire Tablets accompanied with cases and headphones, Xbox gift cards, and stockings full of goodies.
- Mom’s entire list was donated by 1 team member, WOW! Mom only wanted for her kids, but we adamantly persuaded her to list a few items.
- Dad is also receiving all items on his list including a new book and beard grooming kit which were the 2 items most wanted.
- Mom and Dad will receive new shoes, gift cards for things such as groceries and restaurants, and a Christmas Eve box complete with multiple hot cocoa bombs, mugs, a movie, and snacks for the family.
- A community member also donated a full Christmas meal for the entire family, including a 10-pound turkey.
This family was not expecting a turnout like the one we have provided them and are tearfully overwhelmed with gratitude and joy. We were able to come together to make something BIG happen for a family truly in need and that is a gift. So, THANK YOU for all the contributions, the time, and energy it took to make this happen. We look forward to continuing this wonderful heartwarming tradition for years to come and the blessings we receive from giving.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!